Terms and Conditions
- While every effort is made to accurately reproduce the appearance of each rug we stock – we cannot accept any responsibility for colour misrepresentations. Different colour display settings on computer monitors can have an effect on the appearance of colours in our rug images. Unless a Bespoke rug (see below), you can still return your rug for a refund, however they will not be deemed faulty and you will be responsible for the return costs.
- Please note that we reserve the right to cancel any order at any time prior to delivery. Reasons for order cancellations may include, without limitation, lack of payment (e.g. bounced cheque, card payment failure), unforeseen stock shortage*, failure to verify a selected order (see below). In the event of a cancellation, we will promptly notify you of the same by email.
- In orders where payment is made by a credit or debit card and the billing address is different from the shipping address, a letter may be sent to the billing address to confirm that the order is a genuine order. The verification letter will include a unique verification code. The order will not be dispatched until that code is communicated to us (details will be included in the verification letter).
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to the design, layout, images, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without rugcentre.co.uk/ ERC prior written consent.
- Our liability to you is limited to the value of your order and liability for any indirect or consequential loss is specifically excluded. Nothing on our site or our Terms & Conditions is intended to limit any of your rights as a consumer or other statutory rights that may not be excluded by law.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The following terms apply to all orders of Bespoke rugs:
- A Bespoke rug is a rug or a hall runner that is made specifically to your order and to your requirements (e.g. customised Pattern, length, width, material, weave type etc). Each Bespoke rug is individually priced depending on your requirements and are payable in advance of dyeing yarns and knotting the rug can begin.
- Please check all the details of your Bespoke rug order carefully to ensure your requirements are recorded correctly. Please be aware that handmade rug sizes may vary by up to +/-5% due to the nature of the materials and craftsmanship. Once placed and the Bespoke rug has begun the making process, orders cannot be cancelled and Bespoke rugs are non-returnable.
- We will advise you as to the estimated timing of delivery for your Bespoke Rug. Please note that it is an estimate and we will aim to deliver your rug to you within that estimate or without excessive delay. If there are any substantial changes to the estimated delivery time, we will advise you of the same. Where possible during the making process we will give updates and where possible progress images of your rug as it is being made.
- Once your Bespoke rug is delivered to you. Please check that it is compliant with your order details. In the event of any damage or discrepancy, please let us know immediately (please see our Contact Us page for details on how to contact us). You will be deemed to have “accepted” your Bespoke rug if we do not hear from you within 2 days from the date of delivery of your rug.
The following terms apply to all rug hire orders:
- We charge 20% of the retail cost of the rug(s) being hired.
- A rug can be hired for a maximum of 5 days or in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of rugcentre.co.uk
- You, the client take responsibility for the safety and care of the rug(s) as well as the courier/transport costs.
- When you collect the rug, the full cost of the rug is taken as a deposit with 80% being refunded in the case of the rug being returned in the same perfect condition as it was taken out by you on hire.
- If the rug is found to require cleaning or repair once returned this additional cost will be taken before a refund is made to you.
- Hiring to you depends on how the rug will be used and is at the discretion of Eastern Rug Centre Ltd..
*In the rare event of an in person purchase occurring at the same time as your online order, you may be notified that the rug is already sold. In this circumstance you will be fully refunded with assistance to find a suitable replacement if you so wish.