What information we collect (and why)
Shopping: online shopping requires information about you (the customer) to be provided to us (the online retailer) before we are able to process your order. When you buy from us during our “checkout” process you are required to complete various text boxes to finalise your order. We collect the following information as a result:
- Your name (we need to know who our customer is and what to address you as)
- You contact information incl. email address, landline and/or mobile number (we need your email address to send you order confirmation(s), invoice(s), updates and write to you if any issues or queries arise; your telephone number(s) may be used to contact you in relation to your order/its delivery)
- Your billing address (we need this as part of the payment process (if paying by card) to verify the authenticity of your order with your card issuer)
- Your shipping/delivery address (we need to know where you would like your rug(s) delivered)
- Your credit/debit card details if you are paying for your order using a card (we need this to obtain your payment from your card of choice; please note that we use PayPal to process this information and our staff do not have access at any time to your full card details which are encrypted upon entry and not accessible to us).
Enquiring: When you contact us (see Contact Us page for details), you provide us with your name and email address. That information is used only to respond to your query.
Subscribe: to newsletter by entering your email address in the pop up box. Your email is added to a newsletter subscribers list and you will be sent our occasional newsletter (if any). Should you wish to remove your email from the newsletter subscribers list, email us at email@example.com (Please make your request to be removed from the email address you originally entered on Subscribe)
What is the lawful basis for us processing this information?
In most cases information is collected and processed on the basis of contract i.e. we require this information in order to, for example, respond to your pre-order queries, process your order and dispatch your rug(s) to you and respond to any post purchase queries or issues. We also store certain information on the legal obligation basis (e.g. we are legally required to keep records for tax purposes). In very few instances, we process your information on the basis of consent (for example, when you request to be added to a waiting list for a specific rug(s) or are requesting a bespoke/custom made rug.
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to process and deliver your order and to keep a record of the same for our record keeping and accounting purposes. In particular:
- We give your delivery details (i.e. name, delivery address, telephone number and email address) to our courier as part of order delivery or collection process;
- Our professional advisers (e.g. accountant, technical support) have access to your order details as part of business and accounting processes;
- To improve our customers’ experience, we may request feedback on your specific order using review services providers (e.g. Reviews.io, Trust Pilot, Google Reviews etc);
- As to credit/debit card information, please note that all our payments are processed by PayPal (see our Payment Options page for details) and our staff do not have access to your full card details.
We will not sell your information to anyone or permit anyone else to access it
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable contractual, physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
The GDPR provides a number of rights, including the right to access, rectification, erasure, restrict processing, data portability and the right to object. Some of these rights can be exercised with regards to information we collect from you. If you have a concern you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into your request and respond in accordance with the GDPR guidelines.
BELOW IS A LIST OF COOKIE TYPES (Lifespan of cookies listed is 60 minutes)
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category info on the page that allows to display pages more quickly.
The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
Your preferred currency
An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores the Customer Segment ID
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
You session ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.
The most recent product you have viewed.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
Information on what polls you have voted on.
The items that you have recently compared.
Information on products you have emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
The products that you have recently viewed.
An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
The number of items in your Wishlist.